- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- MusclePharm targets women with new sports nutrition line
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- Viva Las Vegas: McKesson ideaShare 2013 electrifies with host of new programs, solutions
ABBOTT PARK, Ill. Abbott on Monday announced the introduction of EAS Peak, a sports nutrition performance beverage that contains the company’s P3 technology, formulations that help sustain energy, increase workout capacity and protect muscles from breakdown. The P3 technology is a proprietary blend of beta-alanine, isomaltulose and HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate).
“Muscle fatigue and breakdown occurs with exercise – the harder you work out the more your muscles are affected,” noted Keith Wheeler, divisional VP performance nutrition research, development and scientific affairs at Abbott. “Leveraging years of nutrition science and experience with ingredients such as HMB, we've brought together a blend in the P3 technology that can help deliver extended energy, delayed muscle fatigue and reduced muscle breakdown. Using EAS Peak before a workout can help athletes prepare for, perform during and recover following a workout or competition.”
EAS Peak also is a source of high-quality protein (10g per serving). The ready-to-drink beverage contains 25 g carbohydrates (15 g isomaltulose), 150 calories and less than 1 g fat to provide energy and help support lean muscle recovery and replenishment following physical activity. The 16-oz., caffeine-free beverage is available in orange spark, peach surge and fruit power flavors.