- Walgreens, Alliance Boots, AmerisourceBergen deal to benefit Good Neighbor Pharmacy
- Walgreens, Alliance Boots and AmerisourceBergen help redefine economies of scale
- Walgreens, Alliance Boots announce blockbuster partnership with AmerisourceBergen
- Yost leaves helm of AmerisourceBergen
- ABC Q1 2013 revenue up 6%
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. — AmerisourceBergen on Tuesday announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase World Courier Group, a privately held global specialty transportation and logistics provider for the biopharmaceutical industry, for $520 million in cash.
“The acquisition of World Courier adds a new premium specialty service to our existing portfolio of market-leading pharmaceutical manufacturer services,” stated Steven Collis, ABC president and CEO. “The addition of World Courier’s unique capabilities and expertise to our existing commercialization services further strengthens our offerings to global pharmaceutical manufacturers, and provides an established platform for the introduction of our specialty services outside North America.”
World Courier will become a new operating segment within AmerisourceBergen. World Courier’s president Wayne Heyland will continue on in this position, reporting directly to Collis.
World Courier’s annual revenues are expected to be approximately $500 million in 2012.