- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- With consumer confidence among poor waning, Family Dollar ups assortment, enhances checkout to add trips
- Consumables, tobacco, BPC see big sales boosts at Family Dollar in FY2013
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Activist investor Bill Ackman, and his Pershing Square Capital Management investment fund, has become the largest owner of Family Dollar stock, according to a regulatory filing.
The filing noted that Ackman has bought a stake of 8.9%.
The news follows just a few months after the retailer turned down an active takeover bid by Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund.