- L’Oréal Paris brings beauty to NYC subway system with breakthrough vending experience
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Target to celebrate its first from-the-ground-up build in Toronto
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
- Report: North Dakota Health Mart pharmacy tackles kids' fear of monsters with 'Monster Spray'
TORONTO — Procter & Gamble Canada has announced that Emmy-nominated TV actress Christina Hendricks will host the fifth annual P&G Beauty & Grooming Awards on Dec. 2.
Best known for her portrayal of “Joan Holloway” on AMC’s series “Mad Men,” the former model will grace the stage as P&G celebrates the best Canadian editorial and creative talent in beauty, fashion and grooming. Hendricks joins Nia Vardalos, Queen Latifah, Kim Cattrall and Rob Lowe who have served as previous hosts.
Celebrating its fifth anniversary, along with a record 316 entries submitted this year, the P&G Beauty & Grooming Awards will honor 20 winners across 15 categories. The categories are:
- Best Art Direction
- Best New Face (Presented by Olay)
- Best Beauty Feature, Magazine, Newspaper or Online – Trend or Profile
- Best Beauty Feature, Magazine, Newspaper or Online – Scientific or Technical
- Best Beauty Editor of a Magazine
- Best Male Grooming Feature, Magazine, Newspaper or Online
- Hair Stylist of the Year (Presented by Pantene)
- Best Fashion Feature, Magazine, Newspaper or Online
- Best Fashion Editor of a Magazine
- Best Male Fashion Feature, Magazine, Newspaper or Online
- Best Beauty or Fashion Blog
- Best Beauty or Fashion Website
- Photographer of the Year
- Make-up Artist of the Year (Presented by CoverGirl)
- Best Magazine Cover
“We’re so proud of the growth and success of this event, and each year we’ve welcomed spectacular hosts, presenters and guests, but the focus has always remained the same — celebrating the truly remarkable Canadian talent in the beauty and fashion industry,” stated Thom Lachman, president of P&G Canada. “Christina Hendricks is the perfect host for our fifth anniversary year, exuding unmistakable confidence, talent and show-stopping beauty.”
P&G Beauty & Grooming is a longstanding supporter of the Canadian beauty and fashion industry through its sponsorship of Montreal Fashion Week, the Toronto Fashion Incubator and as the official beauty partner of the shows.