- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- PhRMA: Nearly 300 preventive medicines for heart disease, stroke in development
- '60 Minutes' examines counterfeit drug problem
- NACDS responds to report on integrity of pharmaceutical supply chain
- Novartis announces merger proposal for Alcon
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A biopharmaceutical company has appointed a new CFO.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals named Mark Fitzpatrick as the company's new CFO. Fitzpatrick joins the company, which is focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat severe lipid disorders, from Proteon Therapeutics, where he served as VP, CFO and assistant secretary.
In related news, Aegerion said it has been issued a patent by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for lomitapide, which specifically is related to the treatment of hyperlipidemia or hypercholesterolemia, including severe hypercholesterolemia. The patent extends until August 2027 and may be eligible for listing in the Food and Drug Administration "Orange Book," the company said.