- Red Carpet Manicure makes foray into nail lacquer category
- Revlon's Parfumerie collection brings fragrance to nails
- Nicole by OPI, Dove Chocolate team up to celebrate New Year
- Mintel: Majority of teen, tween girls use nail products
- OPI, singer Gwen Stefani create limited-edition nail lacquer collection
NEW YORK — New swashbuckling colors are on the horizon as OPI gears up to launch a new, limited-edition nail lacquer collection based on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise.
In line with the premiere of the franchise's latest film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," OPI has developed six new nail lacquers, including a new Shatter polish, which leaves behind a crackled, two-texture silver finish when painted over any dry OPI hue.
The limited edition line includes:
Skull & Glossbones: Best light gray ever, no bones about it;
Mermaid’s Tears: Few have seen this magical green;
Steady as She Rose: This gorgeous pink is your final destination;
Planks a Lot: Dive into style with this lustworthy purple;
Sparrow Me the Drama: This cool, collected pink means business;
Stranger Tides: Explore this uncharted sea of sage; and
Silver Shatter: A shimmering sea of silver with a two-texture finish.
The collection will be available in May at professional salons and such retailers as Ulta for $8.50 per bottle of nail lacquer.