- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — More than five-dozen Albertsons stores in the West will start selling gluten-free frozen pizzas this month.
Better4U Foods said Friday that 63 stores in Albertsons' Intermountain West Division — which includes Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming — would stock the pizzas. Pizza varieties will include Gluten-Free Four Cheese, Gluten-Free Uncured Pepperoni and the vegan Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Roasted Vegetable.
"Partnering with Albertsons gives us an entree to the Supervalu network of approximately 2,500 stores," Better4U Foods CEO Jack Lotker said. "We're confident that Albertsons customers will appreciate that our gluten-free pizzas have the right mix of great taste and superior nutritionals — dramatically lower than the competition in calories, fat and sodium."