- Albertsons LLC leverages QR codes to help consumers perfect steak grilling
- Albertsons LLC creates social and digital marketing team
- Kroger's family of stores kicks off annual Red Kettle campaign
- Albertsons appoints division presidents; Justin Dye to head pharmacy
- Albertsons LLC celebrates 'Timeless Women We Love' via Pinterest SM campaign
BOISE, Idaho — Albertsons LLC has announced that it is making a $56,000 donation to the Salvation Army’s disaster relief efforts in the South and Midwest, following the series of spring tornadoes that impacted the area.
The campaign, which began on April 4 and concluded on April 30, allowed customers to select a $1, $3 or $5 donation coupon while paying for their groceries.
“Our customers and associates are amazing, and their generosity during times of crisis is unparalleled,” stated Wayne Denningham, president of the southern division for Albertsons LLC. “While the immediate result of the tornado in early April was certainly cause to mobilize, the process of rebuilding takes time, and help is still needed as survivors rebuild their lives. We’re grateful that we’re in a position to assist the Salvation Army with its disaster relief mission again this year.”
Albertsons stores from Arizona to Florida participated in the collection campaign, and over the last year, customers and associates have contributed more than $600,000 to help local organizations and disaster relief in the United States.