- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- FDA advisory committee to consider OTC NDA for asthma-relieving Primatene HFA
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — A drug maker has resubmitted its new drug application to the Food and Drug Administration for an acute treatment of agitation associated with schizophrenia or bipolar I disorder in adults.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals said it received a complete response letter for Adasuve last month from the regulatory agency. The CRL outlined the FDA's concerns about Alexza's manufacturing facility and the drug's draft product labeling. Alexza said it believes it has addressed these concerns in its resubmitted application.
In the coming weeks, Alexza expects to hear from the FDA regarding the completeness of the resubmitted NDA, the classification of the resubmission (Class 1 or Class 2) and what the new Prescription Drug User Fee Act goal date will be.