- Kroger acquires digital coupon platform
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Kroger CEO David Dillon to retire in January, successor named
- Reports: Kroger to expand Little Clinic footprint as part of healthcare play
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A division of Kroger Co. has placed an initial order for Alkaline88, a bottled water brand produced using a proprietary electrolysis beverage process.
The Alkaline Water Co. announced the order Wednesday, from Smiths Food and Drug Stores, which operates 131 stores in Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Alkaline sells the water in 3-L and 1-gal. sizes.
"With this order by Smith's, we are rapidly closing in on a significant milestone in terms of achieving broad visibility at traditional as well as established retail outlets across a major part of the Western United States," Alkaline president and CEO Steven Nickolas said. "To date, our trade-oriented marketing efforts have paid outstanding dividends in terms of placement far better than we had ever hoped to achieve when we first set out to offer consumers superior drinking water."