- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Generic drug maker Hospira has appointed Mike Ball as CEO, effective March 28, the company said. Ball currently is president of Allergan.
Ball, who also was appointed to the company’s board, will replace Christopher Begley, who will assume the role of executive chairman.
“From the outset of our CEO search, the board and I were determined to identify a candidate who would extend Hospira’s growth trajectory, expand our global reach and inspire our employees as we continue our patient-focused journey to sustainable top-tier financial performance,” Begley said. “With his proven track record of growing complex global businesses, demonstrated success in leading diversified healthcare portfolios and strong commitment to creating value for all company stakeholders, we found the perfect fit with Mike Ball.”