- Healtheway forms industry coalition to standardize health information exchange
- Surescripts has added nearly two-dozen EHR vendors to network in the past year, company says
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- CVS Caremark research identifies optimal elements of effective VBID plans
- Former Senators form Alliance to raise awareness of advances in telehealth
CHICAGO — Electronic health record provider Allscripts has introduced a new point-of-care system that aims to reduce chronic disease management costs and reduce hospital readmissions, the company said Monday.
Allscripts said it would demonstrate the Population Health Analytics system at the Allscripts Client Experience, which takes place between Wednesday and Friday in Chicago.
"The Population Health Analytics solution offers the opportunity to truly fulfill the promise of accountable care," Population Health chief medical officer Joel Diamond said. "Real-time comparative analytics at the point of care is precisely the type of valuable tool clinicians need to access insights necessary to provide better care and create better outcomes for patients."
The system includes real-time performance indicators to help inform and guide immediate clinical intervention for chronic disease conditions and readmission risks and can be included on any electronic health record.