- Coty, Elizabeth Arden among winners of The Fragrance Foundation Awards
- P&G offers products to preserve aging hair
- Pantene Pro-V gets spokeswoman for Nature Fusion collection
- Allure announces launch of iPhone app at annual Best of Beauty event
- P&G: Pantene athletes prove 'Healthy is the New Beautiful' at 2012 Olympic Games
NEW YORK — Allure magazine announced the 246 winners of the 2013 Best of Beauty Awards at an awards event held Monday at the Lincoln Center in New York City and hosted by editor-in-chief Linda Wells, along with VP and publisher Agnes B. Chapski.
Thousands of beauty products are launched each year as consumer demand continues to grow, driving the expansion of the beauty and personal care industry in the United States to an estimated $72.6 billion by 2016. Allure's Best of Beauty Awards identifies the most effective and innovative products in the marketplace through testing of tens of thousands of products by Allure editors and consultation with experts, such as dermatologists, makeup artists, hairstylists, and cosmetic chemists.
Allure's Best of Beauty Awards are distinctive from other such editorial endorsements in that editors test products from the entire market and not just those from brands that advertise.
This year's winners include:
- The Big Breakthroughs: Fourteen of the most game-changing innovative products of the year, such as the Color Wow Root Cover Up, the Sephora + Pantone IQ Color IQ system, and the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i hair-dryer.
- Eyes: The mascaras, liners, and shadows that will make your eyes bigger, brighter, and sexier, such as the L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lashes Waterproof Mascara, which testing revealed can withstand the sweatiest Spin class but also gently washes away.
- Hair: The products that will deliver shinier, healthier hair, such as the Pantene AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment, which makes skimpy strands thicker with a daily spritz.
- Cheap Thrills: The products that cost $10 or less that deliver and stood out from the rest in testing, including CoverGirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation, which demonstrates remarkable endurance in keeping complexions looking flawless despite being extremely airy and blendable.
- Skin: The skin care products that deliver the best cleansing, moisturizing, and anti-aging results, such as Elure's Advanced Lightening Lotion, which diminishes discoloration in four weeks with a natural enzyme.
The full results of Allure's Best of Beauty Awards can be found at allure.com/go/best-of-beauty and in the October issue, which hits newsstands Sept. 17.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.