- AmerisourceBergen reports Q4 results
- Expect more retail pharmacy operators and wholesalers to accumulate significant transglobal frequent flyer miles
- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
- Hamacher's Dave Wendland to moderate DSN Diabetes & Chronic Care Roundtable for 10th-consecutive year
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. — AmerisourceBergen on Monday announced that it has completed the divestiture of its Canadian pharmaceutical distribution business, AmerisourceBergen Canada Corporation. As previously announced, the business has been sold to Kohl & Frisch Limited, a Canadian-owned national full-line distributor.
AmerisourceBergen will retain its Canadian specialty business.
In the quarter ended March 31, 2013, the company recorded an estimated loss on sale and other impairment charges of $161.7 million, which is subject to post closing purchase price adjustments. AmerisourceBergen expects to finalize these adjustments with Kohl & Frisch Limited during the quarter ending Sept. 30, 2013.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.