- Walgreens, Alliance Boots, AmerisourceBergen deal to benefit Good Neighbor Pharmacy
- Rite Aid posts $118.1 million profit for fiscal year 2013
- Walgreens, Alliance Boots announce blockbuster partnership with AmerisourceBergen
- Rite Aid opens 'next generation' Wellness store, reports September sales
- Target Canada rollout to be bigger than any annual U.S. rollout to date
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. — AmerisourceBergen on Monday named Lawrence Marsh, 52, to the new role of chief strategy officer and SVP new market development, effective Nov. 12, 2012.
“I am thrilled that Larry Marsh has decided to join AmerisourceBergen,” statd Steven Collis, president and CEO. “I have respected his intellect and industry insights for many years, and I am very pleased to welcome him as part of our leadership team. His analytical expertise in both financial performance and market growth opportunities will strengthen our efforts to expand our existing businesses, both in the United States and beyond, and to increase our breadth of offerings and drive shareholder value with disciplined acquisitions.”
Marsh will be responsible for enhancing the Company’s long-term strategic plan, identifying new market opportunities and managing enterprisewide risk.
Most recently, Marsh was managing director of equity research at Barclays, where he covered the healthcare distribution and technology industries since 2008. Prior to joining Barclays, he held similar equity research positions at Lehman Brothers, Salomon Smith Brothers and Wheat First Butcher Singer.
Marsh has served on the board of trustees at his alma mater, the University of Richmond, is currently trustee emeritus and has served as chairman of its $3 billion endowment arm, Spider Management.