- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Retail pharmacy emerging as healthcare necessity
- Pharmacist as 'physician extender' proves successful
- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
- Loose ends should be tied to make e-prescribing a reality
WASHINGTON — The philanthropic arm of the American Pharmacists Association has appointed a new executive director.
The APhA Foundation announced Tuesday the appointment of Mindy Smith, who will lead the foundation’s operations, research objectives and strategic direction, providing support and guidance to the board of directors and monitoring pharmacy trends. Smith currently is CEO of the Arizona Pharmacy Alliance and previously served as executive director of the Wyoming Pharmacy Association.
“The APhA Foundation is excited to welcome Mindy and have her join us,” APhA Foundation board president Dennis Helling said. “Her commitment to the advancement of the profession is evident as is her dedicated service to pharmacy and enthusiasm for her work. She has served as the leader of two pharmacy associations and is a passionate political advocate.”