- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — A company that develops software for the specialty pharmacy and similar industries has integrated Armada Health Care's prior authorization system into its product.
Armada and Definitive Homecare Solutions announced the integration of Armada's ApproveRx system with Definitive Homecare's CPR+ specialty pharmacy software. The companies said the integration of the ApproveRx functionality within CPR+ would make it part of the pharmacy dispensing workflow and provide users of CPR+ with "optimal" workflow efficiencies.
"ApproveRx provides us with the appropriate [prior authorization] forms so we can submit them to prescribers electronically," Norbert Cointepoix, senior director of information technology and CPR+ and ApproveRx customer company Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, said. "The integration with CPR+ will safe our staff a tremendous amount of time with the auto-population of the appropriate forms."