- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Rite Aid’s new loyalty program a major bright spot in tough Q3
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- With new push, pharmacy groups seek inclusion in health reform’s ACOs
- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — A company that develops software for the specialty pharmacy and similar industries has integrated Armada Health Care's prior authorization system into its product.
Armada and Definitive Homecare Solutions announced the integration of Armada's ApproveRx system with Definitive Homecare's CPR+ specialty pharmacy software. The companies said the integration of the ApproveRx functionality within CPR+ would make it part of the pharmacy dispensing workflow and provide users of CPR+ with "optimal" workflow efficiencies.
"ApproveRx provides us with the appropriate [prior authorization] forms so we can submit them to prescribers electronically," Norbert Cointepoix, senior director of information technology and CPR+ and ApproveRx customer company Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, said. "The integration with CPR+ will safe our staff a tremendous amount of time with the auto-population of the appropriate forms."