- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The Association of Northwest Pharmacies, an independent pharmacy organization, joined the National Community Pharmacists Association on Tuesday in an effort to bolster their lobbying efforts, the groups announced.
“The board of the Association of Northwest Pharmacies chose to have all our stores become members of NCPA,” stated Joel Hadfield, Association of Northwest Pharmacies CEO. “This action was prompted by the legislative and educational efforts of NCPA.”
In addition to benefiting from and supporting NCPA’s advocacy efforts, Association of Northwest Pharmacies members now will have access to additional perquisites of NCPA membership, including financial benchmarking, via the NCPA Digest sponsored by Cardinal Health; exclusive peer-to-peer Members Forum discussions of hot topics; updates on healthcare reform implementation; such programs as Dispose My Meds prescription drug disposal; and discounts on industry meetings.
ANP is a regionalized not-for-profit cooperative designed by pharmacists to provide a highly diversified healthcare goods and services portfolio for the benefit of independent retail, long-term care, home infusion and specialty pharmacies and their patients.