- Healtheway forms industry coalition to standardize health information exchange
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Surescripts has added nearly two-dozen EHR vendors to network in the past year, company says
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
MILWAUKEE — Aurora Health Care said it would be the first healthcare system in Milwaukee to receive federal recognition for adopting electronic health records, the organization said.
Beginning this month, hospitals and other healthcare providers can register their intent to achieve “meaningful use” of EHRs and qualify for federal incentive payments, part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Six of Aurora’s hospitals are registered in the incentive program. The organization also runs a network of retail pharmacies in the region.