- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
PHOENIX — The Arizona Corporate Excellence Awards has named Avella Specialty Pharmacy as the fastest-growing private company based in the state, Avella said.
Avella, formerly known as The Apothecary Shops, received the award from the Phoenix Business Journal. The ACE Awards recognize private companies based on the growth of their business, innovation, community involvement, dedication to employees and leadership accomplishments. The company changed its name to Avella in July.
"It is a blessing to lead such a talented group of people, and we look forward to our bright future," Avella CEO John Musil said. "We are growing because it's the right thing for our partners and customers."
The company noted that it reached the 1,064th place on Inc. magazine's list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the country, up more than 500 places from 2011.