- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- SymphonyIRI Group rebrands as IRi, commits to supporting CPG growth around the globe
- Banana Boat develops new multibenefit sunscreen lotions
- Valeant announces CeraVe sunscreen line at New York event
- FDA overhauls sunscreen labeling to provide clarity
As expected, sales of sun care products experienced a boost in the most recent 12 weeks, according to SymphonyIRI Group, and it is likely that a greater consumer awareness of the dangers of the sun’s harmful rays and product innovation helped fuel growth.
Energizer Personal Care now has established a sun care division and recently launched its Everyday Essentials Platform, which will aim to change the way people think about and shop for sun care products. By 2020, EPC’s sun care division wants 1-in-2 people across North America to recognize sunscreen as an everyday essential.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Sun Care Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.