- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Major trend for 2014: Personalization
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — In conjunction with the Axe Apollo Space Academy, which will send 22 people from around the world to space, the Axe brand is launching a new retail-focused program that will allow seven people to attend Space Camp for a chance to participate in the trip of a lifetime.
From now through July, consumers have a chance to go to Space Camp by entering a code online. Codes will be available upon purchase of a full-size Axe product and need to be entered at www.axeapollo.com to participate; winners will be selected on or about Aug. 9. The seven winners will be then eligible to attend the Axe Apollo Space Camp in Orlando, where one finalist will be randomly selected for space travel.
The Walgreens-specific portion of the program will officially kick off on April 30 at the location in Times Square. Two new Axe Apollo billboards located above the retail store will be unveiled, and passersby in the vicinity will be able to interact with the Axe astronauts as well as be among the first to hear news about the Axe Apollo promotion.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.