- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Walgreens, Rite Aid join outcry over Boston Rolling Stone cover
- Countdown to McKesson ideaShare 2013: MiS to compile best thinking, new ideas for independent pharmacy
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Unilever’s Axe Hair brand for men has teamed up with Universal Pictures' upcoming comedy “Ted” to create a partnership that speaks to the irreverent nature and humor of both the film and the Axe Hair brand.
Complete with branded digital content and television commercials starring the film's title character, Ted, and directed by “Ted” and “Family Guy” mastermind Seth MacFarlane, the partnership takes a comedic look at the interactions between guys and girls. “Ted” hits theaters on June 29.
Much like Ted's character in the film, the Axe Hair content shows that Ted is able to get away with anything due to his soft "Teddy Bear Hair" and unmatchable confidence. In the commercials, Ted puts the moves on his dinner date and shares the secret to his confidence, Axe Hair styling product, with a nearby couple at the restaurant.
On June 22, Axe Hair will premiere the full-length, racy version of the content, appropriate for mature audiences only, as well as a shorter, general audience-friendly version online at YouTube.com/AXE. The shorter spot also will live online on Facebook and will hit broadcast television on July 2.
There also will be an on-screen cameo by Axe Hair when the movie hits the big screen on June 29. In the bathtub scene, Ted uses Axe Anti-Dandruff 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner to achieve soft, touchable "Teddy Bear Hair" before a big night out.