- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study: Daily aspirin use may reduce risk of ovarian cancer by 20%
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- FDA approves combination of two GSK drugs for skin cancer
SHELTON, Conn. — Banana Boat has teamed up with The Skin Cancer Foundation to raise funds for skin cancer education initiatives through a new Facebook promotion.
The sun care brand said that every consumer that takes its "sun certification" quiz on Facebook.com/BananaBoatBrand will receive a "sun certified" badge to display on their own Facebook wall and trigger a $1 donation to support The Skin Cancer Foundation's sun education initiatives, for a total donation of up to $101,000.
"With skin cancer as the leading type of cancer in the U.S., it's become increasingly important that families know how to protect themselves from the sun," said Perry Robins, The Skin Cancer Foundation president. "We are proud to partner with Banana Boat in our ongoing efforts to raise awareness for this important issue."
Click here for more information about Banana Boat and its sun education efforts.