- NACDS launches 2012 Marketplace Conference mobile app
- Target, Walgreens sport top retail apps for Apple's new iPhone 5
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- Smartphone, tablet picture takers can print directly to nearest Walgreens location through new HP app
SKILLMAN, N.J. — Band-Aid brand adhesive bandages on Wednesday unveiled the Band-Aid Brand Magic Vision app featuring Disney's The Muppets. The one-of-a-kind application and platform employs augmented reality technology to provide parents with an ability to entertain their kids during that moment they get hurt. By downloading the app, parents and children can scan any of the Band-Aid brand adhesive bandages strips and boxes featuring Disney's The Muppets and view any of three distinct adventures and performances from the Muppets.
The Band-Aid Magic Vision app featuring Disney's The Muppets uses AR technology to merge a child's real-life surroundings with graphics displayed on the digital screen. Whether singing along to Kermit the Frog's serenade, striking a pose with Miss Piggy or aiding The Great Gonzo on his daring act of lunacy, the AR app is designed to entertain and make Muppets fans forget about their "boo-boos." The free app is now available for iOS devices (iPhone 4/s or iPad 2+) in the Apple App Store.
"For nearly 100 years, parents have relied on Band-Aid Brand to help heal their kids' cuts and scrapes, which means we have also become a part of those special, soothing and nurturing moments," stated Hugh Dineen, VP Johnson & Johnson Consumer Cos. "Whether through our fashion-forward bandages or through this new technology-forward app, Band-Aid Brand is committed to providing unexpected delight during the healing process."
To check out a visual demonstration of the new app, click here.