- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- ADA issues new diet recommendations for diabetes patients
- Novo Nordisk launches new insulin device
SEATTLE — Bartell Drugs will play a prominent role at a diabetes expo in Seattle this weekend, the retail pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
Bartell said it would participate at the American Diabetes Association Seattle Expo on Saturday, at the Washington State Convention Center. The expo will provide free health screenings and consultations, cooking demonstrations, expert presentations, product and service exhibitors and more. Bartell pharmacists will provide hemoglobin A1C testing, blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol and body mass index screening, as well as foot exams.
"There are more than 25 million children and adults who are living with diabetes, so it's likely all of us have a family member of friend touched by this disease," Bartell director of pharmacy operations and clinical services Billy Chow said. "The expo is a great opportunity to learn more about your health, whether you have Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes or just want to live healthily."