- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Alere Wellbeing publishes book touting Quit For Life smoking-cessation program
SEATTLE — Bartell Drugs is moving its headquarters, the Seattle-based retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
Bartell's, which operates 58 stores in and around Washington state's largest city, said it would move its headquarters to the West Seattle Corporate Center in October. Its present headquarters is in Georgetown, a neighborhood south of downtown Seattle. The new, 32,000-sq.-ft. headquarters was built in 1991 as the headquarters for Services Group of America.
"We're excited about the move and the built-in advantages it will provide for nearly 100 employees and visiting vendors," vice chairman and treasurer Jean Bartell Barber said, citing fiber-optic capabilities, convenient parking, easy access to major arterials and mass transit, and nearby amenities.