- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Retailers announce relief efforts to help those affected by Washington landslide
SEATTLE — Bartell Drugs has increased its store count by two following the purchase of two pharmacies.
The Seattle-based regional chain announced the purchase of the pharmacies — in Everett and Marysville, Wash. — from The Everett Clinic. Bartell will begin operating them on June 10, bringing its total number of stores to 60.
"The Everett Clinic is well-respected and shares many of our values regarding serving patients and customers," Bartell chairman and CEO George Bartell said. "The acquisition of these pharmacies allows both organizations to work together to strengthen their presence in Snohomish County."
Snohomish County is to the north of King County, where Seattle is located, and together with King and Thurston counties is part of Washington state's Puget Sound region. Most of the pharmacists and technicians from The Everett Clinic will remain employed at the pharmacies following the transition.