- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
SEATTLE —The country’s oldest retail pharmacy chain is a year older, and it’s marking the occasion with a new store.
Bartell Drugs opened its 59th store on Sept. 13, and had a ribbon-cutting ceremony the next day to mark the Seattle-based regional chain’s 120th anniversary. But the chain is looking forward rather than backward with the store, located in Factoria Village in Bellevue, Wash.
In addition to traditional pharmacy services and products, the 15,000-sq.-ft. store will include clinical care services and an international travel clinic (see story) .It also will be the first Bar-tell store to use solar energy to supplement conventional power sources, with panels on the building’s face and roof.