- Bartell sponsors week of health, beauty events
- Bartell Drugs to help host event celebrating the Seahawks at the Super Bowl
- Seattle's Best Coffee introduces instant, K-Cup varieties
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
SEATTLE — A new store set to open in a Seattle neighborhood will be one of the largest in the Bartell Drugs chain, the Seattle-based pharmacy retailer said Tuesday.
Bartells said the 16,085-sq. ft. store, located in the Greenwood neighborhood, would be in the 61-store chain's "next generation" format, and would include "Urban Market," "Sweets and Snacks" and "Beauty" sections, as well as an enlarged, full-service pharmacy and a "Greenwood Growler Station" offering six regionally produced beers.
The store, in a former Blockbuster Video location and adjacent to the current Greenwood store, will open on Oct. 13. The grand opening, scheduled for Oct. 26, will mark Bartell's 80th year of operation in Greenwood and the nearby neighborhood of Phinney Ridge.