- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Bartell sponsors week of health, beauty events
- Regional chains, independents can play the innovation game, too
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan to headline Cardinal Health RBC business program
SEATTLE — A new store set to open in a Seattle neighborhood will be one of the largest in the Bartell Drugs chain, the Seattle-based pharmacy retailer said Tuesday.
Bartells said the 16,085-sq. ft. store, located in the Greenwood neighborhood, would be in the 61-store chain's "next generation" format, and would include "Urban Market," "Sweets and Snacks" and "Beauty" sections, as well as an enlarged, full-service pharmacy and a "Greenwood Growler Station" offering six regionally produced beers.
The store, in a former Blockbuster Video location and adjacent to the current Greenwood store, will open on Oct. 13. The grand opening, scheduled for Oct. 26, will mark Bartell's 80th year of operation in Greenwood and the nearby neighborhood of Phinney Ridge.