- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Goldfish crackers makes a splash at mealtime with new mac and cheese
- Harris Teeter donates more than 57,000 lbs. of fresh peaches to local food bank
- Lay's to introduce chocolate-covered potato chip
- Birds Eye launches Recipe Ready line for quick meal preparation
SEATTLE — Regional chain Bartell Drugs will sponsor a food drive starting on Sunday, the company said.
The Seattle-based retailer said Friday that it would partner with Food Lifeline to sponsor the Bartell's Community Food Drive, which will last through June 1.
All of the chain's 58 stores will accept non-perishable food items to replenish local food banks during the summer, when families that depend on free or reduced-price school meals may have difficulty providing healthy meals at home. Bartell's summer food drives have collected more than 125,000 pounds of food for local food banks since 2009.
The company welcomes suggested items such as canned tuna, instant oatmeal, cereals, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, jam, cheese crackers, apple sauce and canned fruit, as well as items like baby formula, diapers, baby food, toothpaste, toothbrushes, tissues and soap.