- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Regional chains, independents can play the innovation game, too
- Bartell sponsors week of health, beauty events
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan to headline Cardinal Health RBC business program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
SEATTLE — Bartell Drugs will open its 59th store next year, the regional retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
Bartell's, based in Seattle, announced plans to open a store in North Bend, Wash., in mid-2013. The company said it would be the chain's first "all-new store" to showcase its new store concept, which the company unveiled in September 2011.
The new store concept includes features such as an "Urban Market" section that highlights unique and locally produced products; a "Fresh Beauty" cosmetics section with natural and organic product lines; a "Wellness Courtyard" with vitamins, supplements and healthy beverages; and a "Sweets & Snacks" area with new displays and lighting. The company plans to convert six stores to the new format this year.