- Study: NPs strengthening focus on promoting patient adherence
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NEHI and Prescriptions for a Healthy America convene on HIT policy best practices discussion
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J. — Medical supplies manufacturer BD has joined an organization focused on patient safety, the company said Wednesday.
BD, also known as Becton, Dickinson and Co., announced that it joined the National Patient Safety Foundation's corporate council, a move that it said would enable it to work alongside the NPSF and constituent groups, including healthcare providers, other service and product providers and patients and family representatives to raise awareness of patient safety issues and find solutions for them.
"Our drive to create a safer healthcare system is deeply rooted in BD's commitment to improving access and outcomes of healthcare," BD EVP Bill Kozy said. "We are honored to stand alongside the National Patient Safety Foundation in discussing the actions needed to improve patient safety, with a particular emphasis on ensuring safe preparation and administration of medications."