- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
SEATTLE — Bartell Drugs is sponsoring a two-week series of events to celebrate the opening of its 61st store, the company said.
The Seattle-based regional chain will open the 11,600-sq.-ft. store on Friday in Seattle's growing South Lake Union neighborhood. The ribbon cutting ceremony will take place on Tuesday. Between Friday and Aug. 16, several vendors will participate in product sampling and demonstrations, highlighted by a 16-seat, peddle-powered "Hydration Station" that will tour the neighborhood with beverage samples.
The store features six rotating taps as part of a large beer selection, as well as "99 beers" — a selection of bottled beers in 99 package configurations and a selection of Pacific Northwest wines and premium liquors. From the taps, customers can buy "South Lake Union Growlers," half-gallon glass growler jugs of fresh beer.
The company is also providing water bowls, complimentary dog biscuits pet hitching posts and an expanded selection of pet products as part of a "pet-friendly" policy that follows those of employers in the neighborhood, including Amazon, which has its headquarters there.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.