- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CDC publishes guidelines for collaborative practice agreements
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. — One of pharmacy's top awards is getting some support from a German drug maker. Boehringer Ingelheim announced that it became a premier supporter of the American Pharmacists Association's Bowl of Hygeia Award.
"Just as the Bowl of Hygeia encourages pharmacists to take active roles in their communities, Boehringer Ingelheim has a strong commitment to making more health in its communities," BI executive director for trade sales and operations Bob Belknap said. "Becoming the premier supporter in 2012, and continuing the proud tradition of this program, is something we felt strongly about."
The award, established in 1958, is presented each year by participating state pharmacist associations. In addition to service through their local, state and national pharmacy associations, award recipients devote their time, talent and resources to a wide variety of causes and community service. In all, approximately 3,000 pharmacists have been recognized with the Bowl of Hygeia award in the history of the award.