- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
- Bitcoin payment service chief executive touts e-currency as federal authorities signal openness to it
- Prasco begins distribution of doxercalciferol capsules
- J&J launches Champions of Care program in support of its 2014 FIFA World Cup sponsorship
- Doxercalciferol now available from Roxane Labs
NEW YORK Sports icon and humanitarian Billie Jean King has been named a co-founder of Mission Skincare, a line of athlete-engineered skin care products.
King is the latest sports legend to join forces as co-founder of the brand.
King joins a team of celebrated athletes who also serve as co-founders, including golf pro Sergio Garcia, tennis star Serena Williams, two-time MVP league Steve Nash, MLB All Star David Wright and two-time Gold Medal soccer player Mia Hamm, among others.
"I'm very excited to help advance Mission's causes," stated King. "I may have played my last professional tennis match years ago, but I remain committed to helping people excel as both athletes and socially impactful human beings. I'm proud to be part of the Mission team because not only do I use their products, I know their products are better for me and so many other recreational and professional athletes."
King won 39 Grand Slam singles, doubles and mixed doubles titles, including 20 championships at Wimbledon. She defeated Bobby Riggs in the Battle of the Sexes in September 1973 and was named one of the "100 Most Important Americans of the 20th Century" by Life magazine. King founded the Women's Tennis Association, the Women's Sports Foundation and co-founded World Team Tennis.
Mission Skincare products are available at CVS/pharmacy, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sport Chalet, GNC and Finish Line.