- Biogen Idec drugs could advance treatment of hemophilia, clinical trials find
- FDA gives second orphan drug designation to Teva's Treanda
- Pfizer CEO elected as PhRMA chairman
- Irish High Court approves Perrigo-Elan deal
- Number of drugs approved by FDA in 2013 fewer than 2012, but higher in value, study finds
WESTON, Mass. — Biogen Idec has appointed a former Lenovo executive to serve as its EVP human resources.
Kenneth DiPietro brings more than 30 years of experience in both human resources and organizational development, including broad cultural transformation and corporate re-engineering, to his new role at Biogen Idec. He will lead the development and execution of the company’s global human resources strategy, including talent management, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, and global human resources operations and systems, Biogen Idec said. DiPietro — who joins the company from Lenovo, where he served as SVP human resources — will report to Biogen Idec CEO George Scangos.
“I am thrilled to welcome Kenneth DiPietro to Biogen Idec,” Scangos said. “Culture is what separates a good company from a great company, and in Ken, we have a proven leader who I’m confident will foster and build upon our culture of excellence as we enter a period of great opportunity for Biogen Idec.”