- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. — As a relatively new facet of the pharmacy profession, specialty pharmacy is constantly developing, prompting the leader of one provider to go online to keep patients and physicians up to date.
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy president and CEO Stephen Vogt has launched Dr. Vogt’s BioBlog, providing commentary and information to patients and physicians about developments in specialty pharmacy. Vogt will post weekly updates with his perspective and experience about current advancements and events in specialty pharmacy related to such chronic illnesses as hepatitis, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and others.
“Dr. Vogt’s experience, knowledge and skill in this area give him a unique perspective on new developments in our field,” BioPlus director of pharmacy services Nick Maroulis said. “For example, instead of just hearing about a new drug being released, readers of Dr. Vogt’s BioBlog will get an understanding of what the new drug will mean to their lives and disease treatment.”
The blog can be accessed at BioPlusSP.com.