- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- Upsher-Smith to acquire biotechnology firm Proximagen Group
- Industry praises passage of Food Safety Modernization Act by House
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Food Marketing Institute said Tuesday that it has appointed Robert Rosado as director of government relations.
According to FMI, Rosado will focus on legislation that impacts supermarkets in the areas of food safety, health care, food deserts and the 2012 Farm Bill.
“Rob has a broad range of expertise in food and agriculture that will be very helpful to FMI and its members. His background also includes working with federal agencies on many issues related to the food retail industry,” FMI president and CEO Leslie Sarasin said.
Rosado joins FMI from the Biotechnology Industry Organization where he was policy manager for the food and agriculture issues. Before joining BIO, he served as director of legislative and political affairs for the Foreign Agriculture Service at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.