- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Loose ends should be tied to make e-prescribing a reality
- Pharmacist as 'physician extender' proves successful
- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
- Retail pharmacy emerging as healthcare necessity
ELMSFORD, N.Y. — Specialty pharmacy provider BioScrip has launched a Web service designed to connect healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers in order to help patients manage their medications and improve their overall care experience.
The website, myBioScrip.com, uses HealthyCircles, an online platform that enables people to use manage and share health information.
“We believe the HealthyCircles platform will enable BioScrip to define the future of specialty pharmacy and home infusion by enabling physicians, patients, family caregivers and pharmacists to securely connect with each other and manage care using a robust, permission-based framework,” BioScrip president and CEO Rick Smith stated. “It’s time we created a patient-centric model in the specialty space, and BioScrip is proud to be the first.”