- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Beyond the Rack offering Shoppers Optimum members new online experience
- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Shoppers Drug Mart 'disappointed' with court's decision on private-label generics
- Canada's Competition Bureau approves Loblaw's acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's subsidiary Biovail Labs International has agreed to acquire several privately owned skin care brands, including Hamilton's Suncare and Hamilton's Skin Therapy, in Australia.
The deal is expected to be accretive in 2010.
"These leading skin care brands nicely augment Valeant's current sun care product portfolio and expands our presence in the pharmacy over-the-counter market," stated J. Michael Pearson, CEO. "The brands we acquired through our previous transactions have continued to perform well, and the addition of a key brand such as Hamilton Sunscreen will enhance our portfolio and offer synergies to our growing pharmacy OTC platform."