- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. In consultation with the Food and Drug Administration, Blacksmith Brands last week voluntarily recalled all lots of four children's products in the PediaCare line. The products were manufactured for Blacksmith Brands by McNeil Consumer Healthcare at McNeil's Fort Washington, Pa., plant.
The four PediaCare items involved in the recall are:
- PediaCare multi-symptom cold 4oz. UPC # 3 0045-0556-05 9;
- PediaCare long acting cough 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0465-04 7;
- PediaCare decongestant 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0554-04 8;
- PediaCare allergy and cold 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0552-04 4.
Blacksmith Brands initiated the recall as a precautionary step because the products were made at the McNeil plant that has been temporarily shut down. A recent FDA inspection at that facility found serious problems in meeting the FDA's current good manufacturing practice requirements. The recall was not initiated as a result of any consumer reports of adverse events and no consumer complaints have been received about the safety or purity of the products.