- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. In consultation with the Food and Drug Administration, Blacksmith Brands last week voluntarily recalled all lots of four children's products in the PediaCare line. The products were manufactured for Blacksmith Brands by McNeil Consumer Healthcare at McNeil's Fort Washington, Pa., plant.
The four PediaCare items involved in the recall are:
- PediaCare multi-symptom cold 4oz. UPC # 3 0045-0556-05 9;
- PediaCare long acting cough 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0465-04 7;
- PediaCare decongestant 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0554-04 8;
- PediaCare allergy and cold 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0552-04 4.
Blacksmith Brands initiated the recall as a precautionary step because the products were made at the McNeil plant that has been temporarily shut down. A recent FDA inspection at that facility found serious problems in meeting the FDA's current good manufacturing practice requirements. The recall was not initiated as a result of any consumer reports of adverse events and no consumer complaints have been received about the safety or purity of the products.