- Carmex expands skin care portfolio with fragrance-free cream
- Carma Laboratories brings pizzazz to lip care with Carmex Moisture Plus limited-edition designs
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Softlips introduces lip balm with breath-freshening flavor technology
OAK BROOK, Ill. — Blistex expanded its product portfolio in October with the launch of two new lip balms — Nurture and Nourish and Lip Vibrance.
Blistex Nurture and Nourish goes beyond protection and hydration to feed lips from the inside out with a vitamin/mineral/nutrient-rich formula. Ingredients include Gogi extract, which is high in antioxidants that help neutralize skin damage; copper and zinc, which helps to improve skin elasticity; and vitamin E , which soothes dry, rough skin.
Blistex Nurture and Nourish, which has SPF 15 sun protection, retail for between $1.59 and $2.49.
Blistex has married color and care with its new Blistex Lip Vibrance. The balm provides a noticeable but subtle amount of color and shimmer plus moisturization and protection with a combination of natural emollients and antioxidants, including grapeseed oil, shea butter and vitamin E.
Blistex has created a proprietary pigment blend that provides a broadly appealing shade of red. It also provides a distinct but subtle shimmer that complements its hue. The formula contains micronized cosmetic-grade pigment in a wear-resistant base that provides a longer lasting effect than typical for a tinted lip balm, the company stated.
Blistex Lip Vibrance comes in a lipstick-type container that features a built-in mirror on the cap to allow for better control when applying. The retail prices ranges between $1.99 and $3.29.