- Carmex expands skin care portfolio with fragrance-free cream
- Carma Laboratories brings pizzazz to lip care with Carmex Moisture Plus limited-edition designs
- Blistex launches new lip balms
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Softlips introduces lip balm with breath-freshening flavor technology
OAK BROOK, Ill. — Blistex on Thursday announced the launch of Moisture Melt and Simple and Sensitive lip balms. Moisture Melt features suspended soft beads of aloe and shea butter, while Blistex Simple and Sensitive contains six essential ingredients to provide moisturization without irritation from added dyes or fragrances.
"Moisturization is key to achieving healthy lips year-round, and especially throughout the winter months," stated Charles Zugerman, associate professor of clinical dermatology at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. "Moisture Melt and Simple and Sensitive will keep lips hydrated while delivering conditioning benefits to smooth and soften lips."
Blistex Moisture Melt's shea butter and aloe-enriched soft beads are suspended in the formula and melt into lips for an added moisturizing boost and long-lasting resistance to dryness. The beneficial conditioning effects of natural shea butter and aloe are well-established, Blistex stated. Blistex Moisture Melt is offered in a tube form to deliver the formula at an expected retail price between $1.59 and $2.49.