- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- New alliance will crack down on adulterated products touting dietary supplement claims
- CRN to host free webinar on supplement regs for Pharmacist Society
- FDA issues warning letter to maker of Lazy Cakes
- Survey: Supplement users make healthier lifestyle choices
FERNDALE, Wash. — Botanical Labs on Monday recalled 38 bottles of its 33.8-oz. "Wellesse Digestive 3 in 1 Health" liquid dietary supplement and 275 bottles of its 16-oz. "Wellesse Digestive Health 3 in 1" liquid dietary supplement, because of a potential contamination with salmonella, the Food and Drug Administration advised consumers Thursday.
According to the recall release, Botanical Labs was informed by raw ingredient supplier Corn Product on May 29 that one of its ingredients used to make "Digestive 3 in 1 Health" had tested positive for salmonella.
To date, raw material received and tested by Botanical Labs have tested negative for salmonella, according to Botanical. To date, no lots of "Digestive 3 in 1 Health" final product have tested positive for salmonella, the company added.
The product being recalled was distributed after May 1.