- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Update: Shoppers Drug Mart execs express optimism, but few details on Loblaw deal during Q2 quarterly call
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
NEW IBERIA, La. — The Grocery Manufacturers Association has tapped the leader of a food manufacturer to serve on its board of directors.
J.S. "Si" Brown, president and CEO of Bruce Foods, will serve on GMA's board. Brown has held led the company, which specializes in manufacturing Cajun and Tex-Mex products, since 1973.
"I am deeply honored to serve the Grocery Manufacturers of America at a higher level," Brown said. "This is an organization that has been so important to our company and [has] been so effective for the food industry that I am humbled to have been chosen."
With Brown, GMA's board consists of more than 50 members, including treasurer/secretary William Cyr, Sunny Delight president and CEO; and recently appointed chairman Gary Rodkin, who leads ConAgra Foods as the company's CEO.