- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Gina Libby strives to improve pain medication legislation
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
NEW IBERIA, La. — The Grocery Manufacturers Association has tapped the leader of a food manufacturer to serve on its board of directors.
J.S. "Si" Brown, president and CEO of Bruce Foods, will serve on GMA's board. Brown has held led the company, which specializes in manufacturing Cajun and Tex-Mex products, since 1973.
"I am deeply honored to serve the Grocery Manufacturers of America at a higher level," Brown said. "This is an organization that has been so important to our company and [has] been so effective for the food industry that I am humbled to have been chosen."
With Brown, GMA's board consists of more than 50 members, including treasurer/secretary William Cyr, Sunny Delight president and CEO; and recently appointed chairman Gary Rodkin, who leads ConAgra Foods as the company's CEO.