- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California Pharmacists Association and PrescribeWellness have launched a partnership designed to boost flu vaccination rates, the CPhA said Wednesday.
The "One Million More" flu shot campaign aims to increase the year-over-year influenza vaccination rate by 1 million immunizations by donating communication materials to flu shot administrators so that they can educate patients about the importance and ease of getting a flu shot.
"This initiative demonstrates the important role that pharmacists play as the most accessible healthcare provider in a community," CPhA CEO Jon Roth said. "Today, pharmacists do much more than safely dispense medication; they provide immunizations, diabetes management, cholesterol screenings and an array of other important health services."