- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
TEMECULA, Calif. — While this season's flu epidemic maintains its strength across the West Coast, one vaccine distributor announced Wednesday they still have vaccine on hand.
"FFF is prepared to respond to the unpredictable nature of flu season. And our secure supply chain can always be counted on to deliver safe products — even in times of limited supply," stated Patrick Schmidt, CEO FFF Enterprises. "We purchase direct from manufacturers and sell only to licensed hospitals, pharmacies and clinics."
Last week,the California Department of Public Health reported outpatient influenza-like illness of 6.2% for the week ended Jan. 26, up from 4.7% the week prior.
"Although flu season is already in full swing in California and across the country, there is still time for individuals to protect themselves and their loved ones by getting vaccinated," Schmidt said. Peak season is generally in February but can run well into March, he added.
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.