- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
CAMDEN, N.J. — Campbell Soup Co. today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Plum Organics, a provider of organic foods and snacks that serve the nutritional needs of babies, toddlers and children. Plum is the No. 2 brand of organic baby food in the United States and is currently the No. 4 baby food brand overall, according to the company. Plum Organics generated $93 million in gross sales for the year ended Dec. 31, 2012.
"We are thrilled to welcome the Plum brand, its people and its quality products to Campbell. Plum is generating great success in the marketplace, and we believe that Campbell's resources will help fuel further expansion of the Plum brand within the fast-growing premium, organic food segment," said Mark Alexander, president, Campbell North America.
Campbell will operate Plum as a standalone business within its Campbell North America division. Senior members of Plum Organics' management team, including co-founder and president Neil Grimmer, will continue to lead Plum and its mission-driven culture from its headquarters in Emeryville, Calif. Grimmer will report to Alexander.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.